Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why No Posts?

Hi Folks,

You may have been wondering why there hasn't been a post for a while. Turns out that late Friday night I came down with a fever, cramps, hot and cold sweats, and diarrhea. As we were leaving on a flight for Langkawi on Sunday I spent all day Saturday and Sunday morning in bed wishing it away to no avail. I managed to get on the plane in Subang and arrived in Langkawi and spent the next 3 days in bed a beautiful resort. Today, Wednesday, I am finally starting to feel human again. I do not think it was H1N1 as there was no respiratory sysmptons such as sneezing, coughing, or lung congestion. However, my muscles hurt, my joints hurt, my eyeballs hurt and even my hair follicles hurt. Whatever I had it was ugly.

Today is our last night at the resort and I hope to be able to get down to one of the 3 pools. One of them has a swimup bar and I hope to be able to have a rye and ginger and contemplate life for a while rather than wonder is it time for the washroom again :-)

Tomorrow we move to the west side of the island to meet up with Amy and Michel aat another hotel. We are supposed to rent scooters tomorrow and tour the island. Hopefully I will be up to it. We fly back Sunday and I will be very busy as the interim report cards marks are due soon and I had planned to get all my marking done on Saturday and Sunday before we flew out.

You really have nothing going for you if you don't have your health. Treat your body well. How is that for Eastern philosophy :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment