Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday - Last day in Langkawi

It's been great fun rollicking in the surf on a beautiful sandy beach. There are also some great inexpensive restaurants that we have been eating in. The 'Red Tomato' is simply the best, especially their signature tomato soup with a freshly baked rye bun. They also offer free internet which is quite fast by Malaysian standards.

I had fully recovered from my flue by Thursday morning and even spent 3 hours on a scooter strafing the mountain roads. I did however, end up with a jolly red sunburn for my efforts. However, I'm back! It's interesting to notice that the waiters are all barefoot in this restaurant. I wonder if that would pass muster in Ottawa.

Our room faces the beach (20 feet) and goes for $140 Ringgits per night. We had 4 female teachers from an international school in KL move in next to us last night. Two Aussies, one form Ireland, and one from England (guess). There are many 20-30 ish types backpacking and living the life here on this strip of Langkawi.

We usually have breakfast opposite the tattooed twins which have enlongated earlobe you could hand Christmas ornaments from. Lots of diversity here.

Jaime has landed in Bangkok and hopefully John McGrath picked up our extra luggage. Jaime has moved on to her guided tour for the next 30 days so I doubt we will hear from her much over the next month. I think it is time for a Strawberry daiquiri so,

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment