Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wednesday and Marks sent in

I have submitted my interim marks and hopefully all is good. My class averages are high but then again 75% of my students are government sponsored students and therefore the smartest of the smart.

The weather is noticeably cooler now that we are into September. I guess that makes sense as July and August would naturally be the hottest months as we are in the northern hemisphere (barely). I would imagine December - February will be high 80's all round :-)

I would guess the Ottawa Catholic School Board is in full gear as I write. It seems rather strange not to be part of that after 30 years within that system. It really is a wonderful school system and I find myself constantly referring to 'The way we did it ...". It's good to have been part of it.

It was really cool , the first day back, to hear the buzz in the staffroom as people describd their vacations. Words such as Hanoi, Kyoto, Cambodia, Bali, etc. popped up everywhere. We can hardly wait to get our 182 days in Malaysia for residency so we can start exploring the rest of Asia.

Time for my first period class, so off to work I go.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment