Sunday, September 20, 2009

Arrival in Penang

It was an interesting flight to Penang. I was healthy this flight so my powers of observation were in play again. Observation # 1. When they called passengers seating in rows 1-9 just about everyone got up and lined up. I figured 4 seats per row = 36 max but who knows. Turns out didn't matter which row you were in, rows 1-9 was just a suggestion. It was bucketing rain and everyone was handed an umbrella for cover as we walked out to the plane. Observation #2 - Turns out my intial thought that some of the passengers where intellectually challenged proved true as they tried to walk into the plane with the umbrella open. Go figure. Observation #3 - My assumption once again proved to be true as I arrived at our seats to find a lady in Shelley's seat. Seems she could not count or did not know her alphabet. My true purpose in Malaysia may be to teach those skills to the masses. We managed to move the lady and we we took off into the wild blue yonder Yes, the rain stopped as soon as we were all on board.

We arrived in Penang in due course. The taxi ride quickly showed us that much of the manufacturing and hitech that goes on in Malaysia takes place here. The hotel is lovely and the internet connection is very fast as I would expect in an area that is dedicated to manufacturing. The best news is there is a Starbucks just around the corner for breakfast. Our room has a lovely sea view. I will take a picture and post it soon.

I think I will enjoy this vacation.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment