Wednesday, September 9, 2009

31 years - no bball

I just figured out that after 31 years this will be my first year that I have not coached at least one basketball team during the year. It will seem strange, therefore if any of you out there are involved with coaching basketball send me some info from time to time. Dave Wilson at Queens University is excellent in that regard! I get regular updates on the Gaels program throughout the year.

The Carleton University Ravens program looks like it is in for another great year under Coach Smart. I can follow their achievements online as they have a pretty good web site. I let my season tickets lapse as I won't be able to take in a game for at least 2 years.

One thing that Taylors desperately needs is a gym. The students are really keen on sports and there is no place for them to challenge one another other than a single hoop out in the parking lot that is always being used. There is also no shortage of height around here, especially with the Chinese students. Must be the Yow affect or better nutrition.

I am entering a good unit in my classes where the students are writing games. They always seem to enjoy the game creation due to the creative process.

Shelley and I are now booked for next week's vacation. We are heading off to Tioman, a YATI that gets great reviews. It's a little pricey, but you only go around once. Life is not a dress rehearsal. As my son likes to say, 'Everyone dies, but not everyone lives!'.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment