Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tioman not a Slam Dunk

Apparently our vacation in Tioman is not a sure thing. Booking a vacation and receiving a confirmation of the booking are not a guarantee. Today Shelley is expecting a phone call either confirming or hopefully, some alternatives. The resort in Tioman has rooms, but the airline that flies there is fully booked. Shelley is hoping there will be flights available to Redang (YATI) if Tioman does not work out. We are hoping for one or the other as we purchased some snorkelling gear and want to look at the wee fishes. I am not so keen on looking at the big fishes :-)

As I mentionned before, Saturday is parent teacher interview day and I have to wear a tie. Larry Brown would be proud of me. Speaking of Larry, when are you coming to visit? Ditto for Steve and Gabe!

I am finally at the point in my classes where I can start assigning programming problems to the students. The first is: Write a program that calculates 100 random marks between 50 and 100 and print those marks out (in a text area control). The program must also calculate the number of A's, B's, C's, and D's and print them out as well. Store the marks in an array as you will eventually have to sort them.

TTYL,

Jim

They should be able to complete this in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment