Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wednesday - Moving Announcement

We had a student assembly at noon hour to tell the students that we are changing campus to a new building.  Of course they did not like the news. Even 18 year olds like the status quo and dislike change. However after a humorous presentation by Moaz, one of our veteran teachers, they started to see the positive aspects of the move.  It is all in the presentation. Job well done Moaz :-)

Life is pretty much the same here.  I am pretty busy with stuff outside of the classroom related to my Head of department duties. In hind site, probably not a good idea to accept the position, but it does leave me with the ability to affect some change here at the school.  My mantra has always been work smarter not harder and that is desperately needed here. They certainly work hard but often need to think outside the box.

It appears Shelley and I are heading off to the Malaysian Island of Redang for the March break. It will be a beach vacation in a fairly inexpensive hotel, similar to what we do in Langkawi. It is in the South China Sea so we should get to experience the phosphorescence in the water at night. Apparently the snorkeling is great as well. All meals are included which can be good or bad. I need to get some programming done so as long as they have electricity I am good to go.

Logan and Colin arrive on Monday so it should be great fun watching them sweat :-) I am quite looking forward to it.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment