Sunday, March 21, 2010

Monday and the Masses have Departed

The resort (more like a summer camp) was quite busy over the weekend as many tourists fly in for the 3 night 2 day dive package.  They were quite noisy and tended to stay up all night to maximize their time here.  Can't say I blame them.  The beach is beautiful but we have not been able to swim yet due to the red flags (hi surf - undertow) conditions.

The boat ride to the resort was quite memorable.  I first noticed the sign saying maximum of 12 passengers and quickly counted 30 (same, same, but different). I then noticed everyone had life jackets but us.  I then noticed the twin 250 hp motors out back. We quickly headed out of the harbour and hit the open seas (10 metre waves) at which point the throttle was applied and we became airborne. It really was better than an amusement park but some of our party were a little scared (not me :-). We arrived in 15 minutes and then were told we had to walk 15 minutes to the resort but our luggage would follow.  The walk was quite nivce as it was along the beach.

The ladies are currently walking along the beach looking for a better resort to spend the rest of the week. I could handle it but it is more like camping that resorting. I will let you know if they are successful.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment