Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thursday and Midterm Marks are Due

My midterm marks are ready to post and I will do it as soon as I post this entry in the blog. I am enjoying the boys as I now have someone to share a beer with.  It's just not the same sipping on a cold one all by your self.

Apparently March madness starts today. If it is at all like St. Patricks day it will slide by unnoticed.  perhaps that is what larry Brown is thinking.  If the tarheels are not in March madness, does it even happen?  Does anyone care?  perhaps that is why I have not heard from teh big guy for some time.  He may be in denial. Duke as a number 1 seed and the tarheels out of the tournament. Are they calling for Roy's head on a platter?  Is Rat Face gloating? Are the Dukies trashing the heels in the forums? Has might Casey struck out? Has an enquiry been held? Coach, I need some answers here! Has anarchy risen it's ugly head in NCAA Div 1 bball?

We head out early Saturday morning for Redang to enjoy a week of beach activities, which is basically eating, sleeping, walking, and turning over every half hour.  Of course I will have lots of electronic gear with me and I hope to find some internet access or a bar where I can watch Duke (sorry larry, they're there, their record speaks for itself.  I had to work really hard to get are 3 homonyms together, in a row in one sentence. Not that I am bored, just the text analysis program has lead me to appreciate the weirder syntax that appears from chaos of text paraded in front of us.  For example, I had a student name the one word in the English languare with 3 double letters all in a row. That would be bookkeeper for the uninitiated. I even had a student last term by the name of Zaakkeeay. I would imagine her mom was probably a bookkeeper.

Another 30 minutes and I will have some students.  Too bad for them. It could be one of those days where I go wild with a captive audience who has to listen, unlike you folks who can simply click away.

Yesterday I gave instructions to the students that no teacher has ever uttered before. "Would you please log into facebook'. You should have seen their faces. I had an assignment for them.  They had to duplicate the functionality of the personal information profile page in Flex. They did a great job as they are really good at copying stuff. Right up their alley.

Speaking of allies (probably should be alleys, or is that marbles, oh my I feel like Alice in WOnderland, and by the way, that looks like a great movie with Johhny D), Jordan and I went 10 pin bowling while he was here. I think I came out triumphant in the end.  He did however, trounce me at archery.  All this is available at Sunway Pyramid, the Malaysian home away from home. 

We still have yet to see Avatar. I really want to see it before it departs from the theatres. Perhaps this Friday night.

I should have some more beach shots for you when I get back from Redang. I do believe the island is duty free so the booze should be reasonably priced. Oh what fun, just need a little March Madness! perhaps the tarheel gods are mad at larry for not coming to visit me in Malaysia. Could Larry be the cause of Roy's fall from grace? Speaking of Falls from Grace, Tiger is in the Masters.  That should provide some good fodder for the cartoonists.  Perhaps it will take Larry's mind off the heels :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment