Thursday, March 4, 2010

Network Improvements

We use P1-Wimax as our ISP and they use WiMax technology that was invented in Canada.  It was not great in terms of speed but they have just made some improvements in their network infrastructure and for the first time, we are getting what we paid for. Our download speed is 1.2 MBS and upload is 450 KBS.  What a difference!  You may see a lot more pictures in the near future.

I worked late tonight, 7:30 pm and when I left I noticed that there were groups of 3-5 students sitting around tables, working on their homework.  Hey, just like back home.  These students, for the most part are quite committed to being the best they can be.

Tomorrow I have a one hour PD session with the teachers.  IT always gets an armpit slot for presentations and this is no exception.  The armpit slots are right before lunch, and right before the end of the day.  I have the last hour so I am sure I will have their utmost attention :-)

We are now definitely moving to a new building during march break.  The good news is we go from one computer lab to 5 so the school should be able to finally embrace 21st Century curriculum.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment