Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thursday - Sunny as Always

Wouldn't you know it? The McGraths were here on the weekend and we had more rain than we had seen in 20 days. This week it has been sunny all week. My major concern with going to the race track this weekend is getting enough shade.

My server in Toronto has now been switched over to new hardware. I was up quite late last night making sure we were ready to switch over. Hopefully the new server will function for the next couple of years with no hiccups.

Shelley and I started the day off at Starbucks and neither of us seemed anxious to leave the comfy chairs. I guess it is that time of year in teaching when the classes seem quite repetitive. I know the students are quite busy with assignments. So is my son Jordan. I was talking to him this morning and he seems to be feeling the pressure as well. Oh well, one more month and the end is in sight.

One really cool thing about Malaysian students is how they use their cell phones. They will often come up to the whiteboard and snap a photo of a diagram I have just drawn on the board. They then upload it into their notes. In Canada, we ban cell phones in class. They are just another tool here. John McGrath was very impressed with the student use of the libary here at Taylors. It is very hitech and always seems full of students working away.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment