Thursday, October 22, 2009

150 Posts

This is my 150th post since I commenced this blog last February (2009). I think I will celebrate with a glass of wine tonight. This morning I am going to ask the students for a volunteer to demonstrate their game project at this moment in time and space. Some of the games are going to be commercial quality. I am hoping one or two students will volunteer. If not I will volunteer them.

I think back to the sorry state of their IT skills, not to mention the complete lack of any programming skills at the start of this semester. They have come a long, long, way. However, I suppose that is not surprising as 85% of them are here at the sponsorship of the government, having been selected from the country at large.

This weekend the boys are off to the races and the women are off to the shopping malls. Therein lies the difference in the species. I can't remember if I have expounded on my theory of why there are no women explorers. Before you bring up Emelia, you can't really count her as she managed to get lost over the Pacific ocean somewhere and ended up missing, never to be found. Anyways my theory is illustrated nicely in the opening sentence. Maybe at some later date, don't want to alienate :-) I am a poet and didn't know it!

So how are the boys in the department back in the Ottawa Catholic School Board (just realized again how long that name is). Is Lisa filling Larry's shoes? Is Larry wearing shoes these days? Is Gabe still obsessing over the little things? Is anybody listening to Gabe? Is Grasshopper still in search of enlightenment? Is Francis still the man with the answers now that he sits at the top of the mountain? Has Doogie actually shown up with his boat or is it still a figment of his imagination? Does Doogie still wear his shirt out? Has Katie Brown trained the new guy and can guys actually survive in the Robodome? Is Gino still enjoying the Monday morning meetings and what is the hot topic of those meeting? Is Hazel gone for good or has she resurfaced in some other role? Is Betty claustrophobic since the renovation and who fetches her lattes now that House has left the building? How many hours does Tom work in a day and how long can he continue to do those hours? Is file management still an issue? What technology has the Board banned lately? Has Gary crashed his bike yet? Does John still talk as much? Has anyone heard from wicked Wensley and has she completed the move up the valley? Will Bob survive solitude with the daily Grills? How is Burke coping with retirement? Is Fox still jumping at the least sound? Does he feel safer with House on the other side of the world? How are the quiet ETI's Liz and Dan? Is Liz Klassen still alive? Is she reading my blog? Is anyone coming to visit other than Brent? Can I call you January 1st from the pool? Why does Larry call me a divergent thinker?

So many questions, so little answers. It was ever that way Grasshopper :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment