Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday - 3 weeks and Jaime gets back!

Jordan had a great trip to Vancouver Island. He caught the ferry to Nanaimo, spent the night and then drove down to Victoria. He fell in love with Victoria, especially one British pub where he a Guinness or two.

We miss Jaime already and are counting the days until she gets back.

Shelley came down with some bug and had to miss a day of school. It looks like she will be off tomorrow as well. Head ache, sore neck, dizziness, vomiting, and diarrhea. All together, very unpleasant. She will have to get a doctor's certificate before going back to work as that is a national employment standard. Miss one day and off to the doctors you go. I figure it keeps the doctors busy and employed.

I myself am fine. Had 3 great classes today and the students are heavily engaged in their learning as they develop their computer games. I am not even sure they know they are learning as they are having so much fun.

Every now and again I hear from folks at the Board. I really enjoy it, so if you are reading this send me an email at my rogers account. If you don't know it, ask one of the chimps.

I am giving a presentation on 'student success' on Wednesday to Taylor's staff. Hazel would be proud of me. In 2 weeks time I also present to an international schools IB staff, Canadian teaching strategies for the classroom. Not sure I am the best one for that topic :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment