Sunday, October 18, 2009

Great Weekend

The McGraths arrived late on Friday evening so we had a little chat, bite to eat, beer and wine, and then off to bed. Saturday we were up (I would be fibbing if I said early) and off to KL where we toured the Petronas towers and shopping centre. We also managed to pick up a leather jacket that Shelagh had wanted to purchase. Hopefully we purchased the correct jacket and size.

We then headed off to China town for some designer clone shopping as well as lunch and a beer (or two or three, did I mention they have quarts here - just like the Prescott). We then caught a cab back to the traders hotel where we sat in the rooftop lounge and had some drinks before catching a cab back home. That is always a full day.

Sunday we were up a little later and the girls caught a cab to Sunway Pyramid for breakfast (Pancake house). John and I walked for the ambiance and arrived in 20 minutes. After breakfast Shelley and Jill shopped for about 3 hours and John, Ciara, and myself headed back home for a brief rest.

Supper was back to Sunway for dinner at the Tar Bush restaurant (Lebanese) and then it was back home for a movie and bed.

In between these activities I had quite a bit of work to do as the drive controller on my server back in Toronto is failing and I had to move my production server to a new machine.

Tonight we plan to take a cab into KL and have dinner at a revolving rooftop restaurant perched upon a CN tower clone. It should be fun. The McGraths are heading off to Putra Jaya, the capitol of Malaysia for a bit of site seeing.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment