Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wednesday - Hump Day

It's the middle of the second week and the usual semester startup activities have kept me quite busy.  That's probably why my postings have dropped off some what. My class sizes have settled down at 17 and 8.  The class of 18 is actually more fun to teach.  Once you get down below 10 students, discussions and questioning techniques suffer.  However, the marking will be less.

I decided to take a picture of a squat toilet.  I will upload it soon.  In Malaysia you are just as likely to find a squat toilet (even in the cities) as a regular style toilet.  I will leave it's use to you imagination as I have never used a squat toilet yet.  In contrast, Thailand has regular style toilets everywhere I travelled.

Jordan is looking at taking 2 spring travel courses.  This quite common at Trinity as travel is the best school there is.  He would travel to Australia from May 4th to may 20th and visit Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, and a tropical location (probably the Gold Coast). He would get a sports psychology credit as well as 'Perspectives Within the Global Sport Community' credit. The trip would be $3,300 which covers the travel and accommodation once there and the cost of a flight from Vancouver to Australia return.  I hope to use air miles for that portion.  Of course there is the $1900 tuition for each course as well but you would pay that at the university if you were taking it there.

Jaime is job hunting in Kingston at the moment.

It's time to plan my day, so

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment