Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monday and Things are Coming Together

It's January 25th and I am still not missing the snow.  I have my first department staff meeting tonight and I think I have figured ONSIS out and have scheduled a meeting with the IT folks later this week.  I spent all day Sunday writing reports for Brent's registration software but I managed to get the 2 hard reports finished.

In my classes we are putting timers together with our animations to have our animations scheduled by the timers. The students are picking it up quickly. I made a poster for the programming contest which is happening on Feb, 3rd with $1,000 ringgits in prizes.  The contestants are 12 programming teams from last semester's classes. I decided to label the poster "So You Think You Can Program!".  The lecture theater is booked and we are good to go.

So, I guess you can say we are back in the swing of things.  Shelley even volunteered to be the producer for the student cabaret (all 3 preU schools) in the spring. It will be interesting to see if she stays out of the directing :-)

Jordan attended the Motorcycle Show in Vancouver and is all excited about motorcycles once again.  He is thinking of working in Ottawa this summer so he can ride our Yamaha FZ1. It's way fast, able to break all speed limits in 1st gear (145 kmh).  I used to worry about him riding it, but he is quite level headed about it, and probably more so after his car accident.

We have not heard much from Jaime, but she was home on the weekend to watch her former team (Queens) play Carleton and U of Ottawa. Queens lost to Carleton by 2 and beat U of O by 2.  The league is quite competitive as Carleton is in first place.

My students are arriving so ...

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment