Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First Day of Classes

Last night was a sad night. While we were in Bangkok John McGrath gave us a tour of his school. We loved Bangkok and the school. John made us job offers that were quite good and we would have loved to work for John but the moment wasn't right in time and space.

The money was still a little better at Taylors and Shelley and I like teaching grade 12's in subjects that we love teaching. Perhaps in another year we may be ready to move on, but not quite yet.

Classes start today. I currently have a class of 15 and a class of 9. I expect the class sizes to grow somewhat as they did last term. However that is quite a bit better than the 73 students I had last semester. The class makeup is quite different this semester. I will have no scholars and all the students will be paying (or their families) the tuition. You would think that would make them more motivated but apparently that is not the case. many of these students will be international students from places like Yemen, Tanzania, China, etc. I expect I will learn a lot about the different cultures. I am quite looking forward to it.

I always start off my year with the following quote. Those of you who have programmed will appreciate it.

Programming is the only art form that fights back!

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment