Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Night - heading into February Tomorrow

4 months and we will soon be off for home for a visit.  I will do 2 things, the day after I arrive.  Visit Eastside Marios for a TGI whatever with the boys, and go for a motorcycle ride.The first day back I plan to visit my Mother.

I was wrong about the date Brent and Jeanine arrive.  It is next Sunday, February the 7th.

We had some good news today.  Shaun, a teacher at Taylors who went home at Christmas  is coming back in July for the July semester. It's always good to get a veteran teacher back as well as a lunch buddy!

The Queens International Teaching Fair is into Saturday night and our nephew Logan has had job offers from Kuwait, Mexico, and Guatemala. He has an interview with Taylors tonight and has already had an interview with John McGrath.  It appears he will have a couple of job offers to consider.  Shaun is spending the weekend at Logan's place while he is attending the job fair.

Last night we took a taxi to Subang Parade and the cabbie almost ran over a pedestrian.  He would have center-punched him if we had not yelled.  As it was, it was a near miss and he only hit his hand as he jumped out of the way.  The cabbie continued on  apparently unconcerned by the incident.  We were all kind of shook up as it could have been bad.

Shelley and I have had a very relaxing weekend with a little work and lots of RnR.  We ordered out to McDonalds tonight.  Shelley had the chicken meal and I had the quarter pounder meal. This was delivered to our condo for $27 ringgits, which is $9 CDN, the price of one meal in Canada.  Did I mention the meals were super sized?

I have not heard from my daughter for quite some time and I am wondering if she is still alive.  If anyone in Canada happens to see her, please have her email or call her Dad.  He misses her dearly :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment