Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mom Dies

My Mother passed away at 10:30 am today. I was present with my sisters Ann and Elaine and I think my Mother would have liked that. She slipped away peacefully as her body laboured to breathe but eventually her breathing slowed and then stopped.

It is always sad to lose a first parent, but is sadder still when you lose your last parent. Elaine commented that we are now orphans. Old orphans but nevertheless orphans. We are lucky that we still have each other and have family.

The Bruyer Center was an excellent palliative care facility and I highly recommend it to other when they are faced with dying parents.

We spent the Mom's last evening with her after we received a call at 1 am from the evening nurse that Mom was failing rapidly.

Elaine and I went and made funeral arrangements this afternoon. We decided to go for Saturday, March 29th at 1 pm. It will be held at the Hulse, Playfair and McGarry Central Chapel, 315 McCleod Street in Ottawa.

I was originally flying back to Bangkok on Friday night, but changed my flight to Saturday night.

Hope to see you at my Mom's celebration of her life.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment