Saturday, March 23, 2013

Grills Hotel

I received an email form Debbie Grills (previously Wicked Wensley) and she invited me to spend some time in Deep River, about 3 hours from Ottawa. I was passing right by and have been trying to get a visit in for the past 2 years. This was the perfect opportunity. Day 4 was a leisurely 6 hours and I pulled into Deb's place at about 3 pm.

Deb and Bob (husband) have a wonderful place on the Ottawa river with a fantastic view. They are also one of those rare couples that are happily married and very happy with their life together. Bob broke out a bottle of red wine and later that night we dined on my first real Canadian meal in a long time. It was wonderful.

Unfortunately, I hit the wall about 9:30 (5,000 kilometers in 4 days does you in) and I was asleep in minutes. I woke up the next morning to a beautiful sunny winter wonderland, said my goodbyes to Bob and Debbi and commenced the final 3 hour drive to Ottawa.

The drive was uneventful and I arrived back in Ottawa at noon and prepared to go visit my Mom at teh Bruyer Center. She is not doing well, is no longer eating, and has slipped into a coma.

TTYL,

Jim
View from the Grills Motel
 Deb and Bon

 My Travelling Companion - very low maintenance
 The deck
Surrounded by forest or lake

No comments:

Post a Comment