Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strange Walk Home Last Night

I had to invigilate the Waterloo Euclid Math Test last night (that was kind of strange as it was Malaysia) so I did not finish up until 7 pm.  By that time I was a little hungry so I stopped off at MacDonalds for a quarter pounder with cheese.  Biggie size for the Coke and Fries :-). After I threw that back I walked home in the dark.

The strange part was here I was on the opposite side of the world and I was walking down quiet streets listening to the birds and insects chirping away. A cat looked at me lazily as I strolled by and ditto for a dog down the road. They ignored me and I said to myself, 'I guess I am just part of this landscape now'.  Never would have guessed this present situation for myself.

I had a text from Jordan this morning at 2 am asking my opinion on some work needing to be done on his truck.  He then texted again at 5 am to let me know the outcome.  I then got a call in class, about 1 pm as he was calling with the news he received 95% on his last assignment.  Now that call I did not mind!!!!!

I am sitting in my office typing this as I wait for Shelley to finish off her duties with the cabaret.  She is the producer.  She has Colin and Logan on the honey do program as well.  When they are done, we are taking a taxi to Sunway Pyramid for dinner at Tarbush to celebrate their practice teaching assignment here at Taylor's.  Hopefully it was a learning experience for both of them. For myself, it was great to have a little testosterone in the apartment.  Got to watch some sports and have a few brews with the boys.

They should be done in about 10 minutes so time to sign off.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment