Monday, April 12, 2010

Horse Power

Oh I long for horsepower! Here I sit and wait for my video to be encoded.  The principal (called director here) is off to Tanzania on Saturday to recruit Tanzanian students to Taylor's CPU.  We already have quite a few Tanzanians and they are delightful students.  Why the video?  Well a picture is worth a thousand words and video is priceless.  I was in the process of creating a promotional video for CPU so I just grabbed some of my clips which just happened to include 2 Tanzanian students and voila, the Artiste in me was off to the races, minus the required horses :-(. My desktop is at least 3 years old, running XP with a meg of ram.  In short, it sucks.  I keep having to move clips from my personal terabyte usb drive to the hard drive and back again.

However, it does give me time to brew a coffee and update my blog during the encoding process.  The first time through, the fool that I am, I chose DVD quality and this workstation can not play it back without stopping to buffer every 15 seconds, and that is from its hard drive.  I am now encoding to VCD quality.  I will also make an FLV to stick on the net.  You just got to love flash.

Time for another Java,

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment