Friday, April 16, 2010

Saturday is Aircon Day :-(

I am sitting in the condo awaiting yet another air con company coming to look at our problem.  The lanlord keeps switching companies (probably looking for the cheapest) and they start from scratch.  Today, I will sit them down, and detail the hostory so they know what to look for.

Basically, there are 3 things that go wrong with air conditions. 1) thermostat, 2) compressor, 3) out of gas (freon in Malaysia :-().

The most common problem is the gas needs to be recharged, especially under heavy usage.  So, the air con repair guys, simply recharge the units and walk out the door and 2 days later we are back to square one.  I am not sure the landlord believes us. I am pretty sure we have slow leaks in the plumbing from the compressor to the air con unit inside.  We do get an odour (not sure if freon smells) during the 2 days it takes to leak out.

Hopefully by explaining the problem (as lomg as the rental agent is here to translate) we can live in comfort in this unit until we move out. We love the condo but are tired of the aircon problem and the landlord (who we have yet to meet face to face).

It is now 11 am and the repair crew is now 30 minutes late! Just the way I wanted to spend my Saturday.  However, I did get to update my blog so it was not wasted time.  Shelley has left for the rehearsal of the Broadway cabaret night at the school.  Excitement seems to be building for the event which happens on the weekend of April 30th. Lucky her :-)

I have left over pizza for lunch but after that I will be bored. Jordan is hopefully studying and Jaime is packing for Europe as she flies out this Monday.  Jordan flies out May 3rd for Autralia, just about the time Jaime is arriving back from Europe.  Must be nice to be able to travel the world in your twenties!

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment