Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday - February 28th

This is usually the end of February but we are in a leap year so we get an extra day in February tomorrow, the 29th. That means an extra day of Winter and brrrrr, it is chilly here in Vancouver with temperatures hovering around a high of 2 or 3 degrees. The good  news, is that the colder it gets, the sunnier it gets. Go figure, rain and warm or cold and sunny :-)

I am sitting in Starbucks as I type this as I usually go to Starbucks around 11 am and program until about 4 pm. For some reason, I see to work best in that atmosphere as the distractions are less than home and there are quite a few people working away on their laptops, so it is kind of like being in a office. The coffee (Americano with 2 brown sugars and half and half) is always fresh.

There are only 25 days left until I fly out to Bangkok, and eventually one week in Subang Jaya in Malaysia.

On another note, it has been 1 year since my official separation date in my marriage. It has been an interesting year with many ups and downs as I adjusted to my new life, new jobs, new friends, and a new life style. People often ask me if I am happy and the answer is yes. I do not wish to live my life in a rear view mirror when the vista out in front has so many possibilities and roads ahead that I can take.

I have decided to continue this blog but it is in need of a new title as it is no longer about Malaysia and my teaching experience. It will become more a blog on my new lifestyle and the road ahead.

So, if you have a name that makes sense, drop me a comment and suggest it. Possible titles are:

The Road Ahead
Dale's Diary of Adventure
Where in the World ...
The Scarlet Pimpernel (They Seek ...)
Jimbo's Travels
Monkey's Meanderings
Any Monkey Can ... But Not Many Do
The 4th Monkey
Monkey Tales
...

I really don't know where I will be living in a month and that would have scared the hell out of me 2 years ago, but now, I find it exciting and liberating ...TTYL,

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment