Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday at Starbucks

Sometimes it is a little boring programming at home, especially when it is monkey work. I have started getting into the practice of programming monkey work at Starbucks. It is a little more expensive when drinking coffee but I like the working atmosphere and seem to get more work done. There is not a lot of distractions and I find the few there are keeps me entertained when often I would get bored at home.

The Starbucks I frequent has a decent internet connection and I am using it at this moment to post this blog entry. I am into my 4th day of cloud and drizzle. We seldom get rain in Vancouver and I would characterize most of the precipitation as drizzle.

I think I will take a side trip to White Rock this afternoon as I have a hunger for some fish and chips and White Rock hass some nice outlets, right on the water that are inexpensive and tasty at the same time. I know they are open in the summer time and I hope the fish is as fresh and the outlets are open at this time of year. If not, it is still a chance to get out of the city into the country.

I am hard at work programming the SPA (Staff Performance Appraisal) software for the public school board in Ottawa. I am please with the user interface and the core code and how it functions. I have one module up and running and I am now engaged in monkey work, completing the other 5 modules. At some point I will have to go to Ottawa to integrate the software into their active directory to control access to the appraisals.

Time to logoff and head to White Rock,

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment