Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Morning Sunshine

I woke to the sound of jack hammers outside my apartment but the sun was shining so I headed off to Starbucks to get some sun and do a little programming. It has since clouded over but I am looking at a high of 11 today and a high of 10 tomorrow so that beats sun and cold in my weather book.

I am thinking I should book my flight to South East Asia early this week. That means notifying my landlord that I will be leaving, as well as finding a place to store my belongings and a place to store my car. I suppose I could simply pay for the apartment for 2 months while I am in SE Asia but that would be $5K and it is quite possible I could end up in Ottawa when I come back, if I come back.

There are many unknowns at this point in my life. I can live very well on my pension in Thailand and if I stay in Canada, I have to augment my pension with some kind of income to live in the manner that I am accustomed to; decisions, decisions, decisions :-) At this point my life is planned up to the end of April and then I don't know what will happen. However it is nice to have choices.

I am hoping Jaime finds some time to visit me in Thailand for a weekend. It would be fun to show her around and introduce her to my friends.

TTYL,

Jim






No comments:

Post a Comment