Thursday, November 19, 2009

TGIF

It's been a long week of presentations and today will be a long day. Shelley and I have a presentation to give for the IB (International Baccalaureate) program teachers. Taylors has a satellite school in KL and the school is just getting started and it attracts mainly expat students who are typical North American/European students. The teachers are all Malaysian and need some strategies to deal with this type of student (Why do I have to learn this?)

The workshop is the usual 3 hour workshop compressed into 60 minutes. There are no quick fixes in education. I don't know why we try to compress a half day into 60 minutes. I kind of feel like Don Quixote.

Today is my last full day of student game presentations. I am actively recruiting judges for the programming contest to be held in January, the second week back. I have been emailing software development companies in KL. There are quite a few of them. I think I had mentioned there is $1000 ringgits in prizes.

This is a relatively free weekend in that there is nothing planned, except for the regular lesson planning and marking. Jaime has expressed the need to visit our favourite bookstore in KL and we shall do that.

I have some more pictures to put up as well.

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment