Friday, November 6, 2009

It's the Weekend

Hi Folks,

It's Friday night and Shelley, Jaime and I are walking over to Subang Parade for dinner and a book. Apparently they have a big book sale and books can be had for as little as 5 ringgits which is great. I imagine that some of the books are old but it is fun to look for something that may be of interest despite the publication date. Many North American magazines that are a year old are on sale here. Apparently the ones that don't get sold over there are shipped here and sold for much less. Some mags such as National Geographic are just as good even if they are a year old.

I have decided that FireFox is a much better browser than IE 8. I have used Google Chrome lately as well but I really like the community that has sprung up supporting FireFox and the plugins they have created. I hear the new version of Opera is pretty good as well. FireFox is also much faster than IE 8.

On Sunday we are supervising students at the zoo in KL. They get 10 hours community service for their efforts. We get to wake up at 6 am on Sunday, walk 30 minutes to school, sit on a bus for 30 minutes there and 30 minutes back, but then we get to see the zoo, read a book, or mark stuff while they are working. The good news is Saturday is free for me but I have some programming to do.

TTYL

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment