Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Robin Hood

I am sitting in a British pub on Sukhumvit in downtown Bangkok. Why? The beer is cold and they have fast, free internet. I no longer keep an apartment in Bangkok and therefore will be using the 'Hood' often for my internet access. I also had to change my Thai cell number because my new Samsung Note 2 uses a micro SIM card and I could not use my old SIM card and cell number.

I had to unlock my phone (from Rogers) in order to be able to swap SIM  cards and providers. I also lost my high speed LTE and also 3G because my phone is a North american addition and has the wrong 3G frequency. No big deal, as in the past I noticed my Thai 3G often dropped back to Edge anyways. There is so much free WIFI, it is not much of an issue.

I arrived at my hotel at 2 am last night and decided to head out for a beer and some pool and drank and played until 4:30 am when the jet lag kicked out. Twenty hours of travel is no fun, not matter how hard you try. I usually find the second day harder as well.

In case you are wondering, it is sunny with a high of 35 degrees. Not too humid today.  Only problem I always get blisters from my sandals the first week back. Too cold back in BC to be wearing sandals.

I meet John McGrath for a beer at another British pub called the CrossRoads, owned by a British expat married to a Thai girl for many years.

That's all I can share for now, TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment