Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Delusional

I have been deluding myself believing that grey days, cloudy, and constant drizzle is better than Ontario's white snow, cold, and sun shiny days. I usually defend it by saying you don't have to shovel drizzle.

I live in a downtown apartment with underground parking. If I lived in the same apartment in Ottawa, it would cost me at least $1,000 less (leases a very nice sports car) and I would have no snow to shovel or windshield to scrape. My Dad used to say that Ottawa winters did not bother him when he was retired. If it was a major snowfall, he put the coffee on and sat by hi living room window and admired the flakes coming down.

So, don't be surprised if there is a move in my future back to Ottawa. I still like the thought of splitting my time between Thailand and Canada, but just not Vancouver. However, that move is at least 6 months away.

I am off to Thailand this Tuesday for some fun in the sun and a little debauchery. Time for noodles and rice ... good for my waistline :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment