Saturday, February 23, 2013

Home Base

I have been looking around Bangkok for a studio apartment that is affordable to use for my home base when I am in S.E. Asia. I will still be splitting time between Canada and Thailand for a while yet. I lucked in and found a brand new condo on Soi 22 that is a 5 minute walk from both Starbucks, Coffee Bean, and my favourite pool bar.

The good news is that it is 12,000 baht a month and includes cable television, WIFI, internet, gym and pool. That is $400 Canadian. To put things in perspective, my cable, internet and gym membership in Vancouver is over $200 CDN just by itself.

I only need a studio for my home base, but this studio is quite large and comes with a king size bed :-)

I would not feel badly travelling for a month or 2 and still be paying for my home base. I could even have a second studio some where on the ocean, when I felt the need to get out of Bangkok.

At some point in time I must learn some basic Thai, especially if I ever decide to live in Thailand full time.

It's been a little cooler of late, in the low 30's and also a little less humid. I still play lots of pool and listen to lots of music in the local bars. I make more friends all the time so my social circle is expanding. Never dull,

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment