Friday, December 14, 2012

YOW to YVR

If you travel a lot you tend to think of cities and destinations by their airport designations. Ottawa is YOW and Vancouver is YVR. I see those airport codes alot. Bangkok is BKK and Hong Kong is HKG.

Why do I mention that? Probably because I am sitting in the Air Canada lounge at YOW consuming vast quantities of red wine and Bailey's Irish cream with some salad when I feel I am abusing my body, tempered with some popcorn, and oatmeal raisin cookies. In other words, I am a little blasted and tend to digress at times :-)

However, I am enjoying myself as I prepare to head off to YVR. I had a great time visiting with my Mom and friends and work did not into the way. I also accomplished a fair amount of work with my business partner Brent.

I hope to see Paul Cotton while I am in YVR before I head off to BKK via HKG. Oh, this is becoming fun. To think I waste all my time programming when I can be quoting airport codes. If you are lost, there is always http://www.world-airport-codes.com/ to refer to.

I really tried to like the iPhone 4S that I purchased, but to be honest, it sucks compared to what you can get in the android world. Apple cripples it so you can't even trade files via bluetooth. Where it does shine, is when all your friends have bought into the Apple ecosystem. Then you become part of the same nothink universe that Apple wants you to dwell within. Resistance is futile, depending what your friends own. "What do you mean you don't have iChat?".

I doubt if Windows 8 is the answer but Google android phones are pretty sweet. The object of my desire at this moment in time and space is the Samsung note 2. Highly recommended and if your hands are a little smaller, then the Samsung Galaxy S3. However, do not expect to trade tunes with your iPhone friends as they are slaves to the iStore and will continue to pay for tunes, but that is part of teh snob appeal that Apple so successfully markets to.

Well time for another Bailey's so TTYS (Talk to you soon :-)

I am back :-) The migration from red wine to bailey's Irish Cream goes remarkable well, at least at this moment in time and space. When I am in Bangkok, out on the town, I tend to favour Vodka and Red Bull. The vodka keeps you happy and the Red Bull keeps you awake so you can enjoy being happy. My friends warn me that Red Bull is not good for you (especially the Thai version which apparently is more potent) and can result in heart palpitations and perhaps even even heart attacks. But, then, again, who wants to live to be 80, certainly not me.

I was impressed (but then again, it may be the  Bailey's talking) that wicked Wensley drove 5 hours to see me on Tuesday. I am a little worried that Bob is not keeping her sufficiently entertained. As for Sloan, you are now officially on my naughty list this Christmas. Liz was Liz, what can I say ... we all need a constant in our life. Ray is a luck guy! It was great seeing Cindy, but then again, she never changes. She is always wonderful and Jackson seems to be following in her footsteps.

The guys in my life are always the same. They are too cautious, or perhaps, afraid to visit me in Bangkok! Come on guys, take a walk on the wild side. Who knows, you may even enjoy it. I can only guarantee you won't forget it! BKK rules :-)

We are coming up to 5 pm and I board soon. Actually my glass is empty and I need a refill :-)
However, I digress. It is that time again to say goodbye, but I feel good that I managed to fill a webpage or two with my meanderings, divergent thoughts, and airport code trivia. No doubt you are all sufficiently enlightened (at least mildly entertained) by my intellectual discourse (not as entertaining as intercourse), but nevertheless (love that word) here is hoping you will tune in for my next posting.

TTYL, from the lounge in YOW enroute to YVR :-)

Love you MOM :-)

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment