Monday, December 3, 2012

Hong Kong Airport Lounge

I am sitting in the Traveler's Lounge in Hong Kong's Airport for 4 hours awaiting my Air Canada flight to Vancouver  The lounge is not bad, free beer, but no free liquor or wine. The food varies from day to day, but my previous flight (Thai Airlines) fed me well and I am not too hungry. Air Canada will feed me 3 times in 12 hours en-route to Vancouver as well.

I am trying to be better at updating my Blog and my life usually slows down somewhat when I am in Vancouver so I hope to be more frequent. I am in a light short sleeve shirt, shorts, and sandals and it is a little cold in the lounge.  I will also freeze my butt off travelling from Vancouver airport to downtown Van via the SkyTrain.

You would think I would be tanned after 53 days in Thailand, but you really do not spend much time in the sun as it is usually too hot. More time is spent in pubs and bars, both during the day, and at night.

My flight was the usual 245 Asians and 5 Farongs, but that is fine with me as I get along great with Asians, despite the language barrier. They have the great ability to laugh at themselves :-)

I don't hear much from my kids these days ...  I guess their iPhones are not working (joke). I guess I neglected them when they were growing up (another joke) ... Maybe they are too busy to fire off a sms once a month ... Reminds me of a certain Cat Steven's song.

Speaking of music, Simon and Ben at ASB have the greatest collection of off beat music that I have ever heard. Next time I am in Bangkok, I must get copies of some of their stuff ... great fun to listen to on a 12 hour flight.

Here is a link to some vids of one of my favourite bars in Bangkok:

https://plus.google.com/photos/111841259004493957471/albums/5817175160929067201?authkey=CO6h5YjZzuSKPA

Oops they just put some more Doritos out ... just can't resist them  ... they were a major cause of my marital breakdown ... my spouse just could not stand the smell of them :-)

TTYL,

Jim



No comments:

Post a Comment