Sunday, December 2, 2012

Home Again to Vancouver

It is a quiet night in Bangkok as I pack for the butt crushing flight back to Vancouver via Hong Kong this time around. I prefer the Bangkok-Hong Kong-Vancouver route over the Bangkok-Tokyo-Vancouver route. It is better to have one long flight rather than 2 nine hour flights.

I spent 53 days in Bangkok this time around and I feel quite comfortable now in this city. I have lots of friends at the American School of Bangkok and of course meeting girls at the bars has never been an issue :-)

I leave a sunny 35 degrees and will probably be greeted with a cloudy 6 degrees with some drizzle. However, the quality of the air more than makes up for the cooler climate.

I won't be back in Ottawa for Christmas but I will be there from December 9th to the 14th if anyone wants to join me for a beer. I will visit my Mom and sisters but will spend Christmas in Vancouver.

I think I will be back in Bangkok in late January or early February,but who knows where the wind is likely to blow me?

I will miss Jip, John, Tang, Linda, Simon, Ben, Gil, BooPah, Ross, Sylvia, and Martin as they truly are wonderful people to have a beer with and definitely are not the boring or disapproving type. Until we meet again ไม่ดี (Mai Dee, phonetically).

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment