Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ottawa Bound

I was up early this Sunday morning at 5 am and was out of the apartment by 6 am and on the SkyTrain to Vancouver Airport to catch my flight to Ottawa at 9:30 am. I like to catch that flight as it is one of the direct flights to Ottawa that does not go through Toronto.  I like to be early to the airport and head to the maple Leaf lounge for some coffee and breakfast.

I get into Ottawa about suppertime, courtesy of the 3 hour time differential. I am staying at my Mother's and look forward to chatting with her and getting caught up on the latest family news. Mom always asks me lots of questions that I can only answer with I don't know :-)  I tend not to plan too much and therefore have no answers about the what the future holds.

I leave behind the usual drizzle and 4 degrees in Vancouver and probably arrive to some sun and temperatures just below zero in Ottawa. I managed to get a good deal on a car rental and will have some wheels for the 5 days. That is good as I have lots of travel everyday. Hopefully, the snow will hold off until I head back to Vancouver.

I am booked for the Prescott on Tuesday night, so that should be fun, getting caught up on what my guy friends are up to. Billy should be back from down south and hopefully will be there.

TTYL,

Jim

1 comment: