Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lots of news

Guess what?

Subang Jaya has power outages just like Ottawa. The internet (and power) at the hotel has been up and down all day yesterday and today so I am writing this post from Taylors which is a really cool place to teach and learn.

Shelley and I have viewed at least 10 different condos and are finally signing this afternoon at 3:30. It came down to a really large (2,200 square feet) older unit with a view to die for (over a lake) and a free family health club membership (olympic size pool), but it needed some work. The owner was willing to do what we wanted and we would probably have been quite happy there.

However, we then checked out a new 1,800 square foot condo in the Boulevards that has 3 bedrooms, my computer room/office, 3 bathrooms, huge living area, brand new kitchen, etc. with very high security. The security was a selling feature for me because of my computer stuff/business. So, we have lots of room for visitors!!! Pictures will be forthcoming as we move in later today but need time to get internet connectivity, etc. Did I mention the tile floors and 12 foot ceilings.

We have our first staff meeting tomorrow and that should be fun. We are also staying at the Sheraton until Saturday as Taylors pays for it and the breakfasts are unbelievable.

Taylors is awesome. They use Blackboard 7 and my course is preloaded. They have LCD projectors in all rooms and my dedicated lab (just for me) is very state of the art with LCD projectors, etc. We can order whatever we want from the library as they have a great budget for teaching materials.

Tom, Doogie, and Francis, are you ready for this? They have a great portal with single sign on!!!!

The climate here is really no different than Orlando in July and August. It's really quite liveable. However only someone like Evraire would go for a run at 2 pm in the afternoon.

Another joy! Unplug my workstation, plug in my laptop, and voila, an dynamic IP address and away I go. Life can be so simple!!!

If I sound happy at this moment in time in space, I am :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment