Sunday, June 21, 2009

Great Bball Get Together!

First off, many thanks to Cindy Mar for organizing the event and Paul and Cathy Cotton for hosting it. The desserts were great, provided by Jen and Sonja Rusch.

It was so great to see 3 decades of basketball players all in one place. Memories long forgotten floated into my mind as I recalled players from past teams. The women (I still think of them as girls) seemed so confident and happy. Many of them are moms and there were lots of pictures. The latest mom-to-be was Dorota and her little guy sure was cute (pictures).

I have always thought that sports do build character and here was living proof of it. What an impressive group of young ladies.

I really enjoyed the evening and I can't begin to express how much it meant to me to see you all once again. It was like a trip back in time. The cards, gifts, and most importantly the memories are something I will treasure over the next few years teaching in Malaysia.

When I come back I plan to coach one more team and Coach Brown says he will team up with me once again if it is grade 5/6. I can hardly wait.

Coach Dale


No comments:

Post a Comment