Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday, 2 Wins and Getting Organized

I am currently coaching the Kanata Cavaliers Midget Girls Competitive basketball team and lo and behold, we won both our games in Brockville this morning. We played at TISS and it was cool to see the tribute paid to Stacey Dales, the best basketball player ever to come out of Eastern Ontario and play in the NBA and star for Canada. She was a personal wrecking crew for my St. Pius X high school teams in the early nineties.

When I arrived back from Brockville it was time to start putting together our package for our visas. Of course we needed to get new passports as ours were going to expire while we were over in Malasia. We needed copies of our Ontario Teacher Record Cards, university transcripts, 8 passport sized photos, letters from our doctors stating we are in good health, a current police check, and a statement of marital status. Speaking of health we started our shots on Tuesday. We only needed tetanus, Hep A and Hep B. You do have to start 3 months ahead of time so keep that in mind if you are planning to visit.

Shelley is starting to think about her retirement party. I may just have a meatball sandwich at the Prescott. Shelley thinks I should have my little celebration in the gym at either Pius or Mother Teresa seeing as I spent most of my teaching career in them. Decisions, decisions, think I will procrastinate.

Jim

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment