Monday, April 16, 2012

Back in Thailand

It has been awhile since I posted and I am now on the other side of the planet. I flew out of Vancouver to Seoul Korea on my way to Bangkok. Whoa, from an average high of 6 degrees to 36 degrees plus in less than 24 hours. I am still adjusting after one week!

I am at the American School of Bangkok, working with teachers on utilizing technology in the classroom. I have 2 workshops on Kubbu this week. If you have not looked at Kubbu, take a look as it is a nice piece of online software that has a free edition as well as a very inexpensive pro and ultra editions. The company is based out of Poland so kudos to the Pollacks (you can see I am as politically correct as ever).

My drink of choice in beers is now San Miquel Light with a bit of lime for beer and the pub scene, and RedBull and Vodka for the bar and pool hall scene. Bangkok is as much fun as always but the ladies don't seem as beautiful as my last visit. I must be becoming acclimatized or jaundiced.

Next week is a school holiday and John McGrath and I are heading off to Laos to explore part of that country as neither of us has been there before. I have not done the guy thing for a while so I am looking forward to it.

I have a week in Malaysia coming up for April 23rd and then back to Bangkok for a week and then my return to Vancouver. I hope  Vancouver will have warmed up by May.

This time around in Bangkok, I have purchased a month gym membership to keep in shape and keep the weight off. I tend to drink and eat more in Asia and John attributes that to the heat but it is more likely the availability of the social life than anything else.

My pool hall buddies welcomed me back with hugs and had wondered where I had disappeared to for the past 4 months. Properly chastised, I promised I would tell them when next I depart and for how long. My pool game suffered somewhat but is steadily improving :-)

TTYL,

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment