Monday, April 6, 2009

Waiting Mode

I have been remiss in posting lately because I am in waiting mode.  Today, however, I posted the official countdown on my door to my office.  Lo and behold there are only 53 days of work left before I retire and Shelley and I fly off to Malaysia.  All docs are now in to both Taylor's and the Pension Folks.

One of the few remaining items is to contact OHIP and arrange for a 5 year work leave out of country.  You can apply for this and still pay your OHIP and you are covered for up to 5 years.  It also means you do not have to wait 3 months when you arrive back in Ontario.  There is also a once in a lifetime 2 year vacation period which works similarly. I checked with RTO (the retired teacher's health plan) and Taylor's group plan is valid for conversion within 60 days to the RTO plan when we arrive back in Canada.  That saves us about $1500 per year.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment