Friday, March 13, 2009

Enroute to Fort Lauderdale

I am currently sitting in the Maple Leaf lounge in Dorval airport in Montreal. I am here from 11 am to 4 pm awaiting my connecting flight to Fort Lauderdale (the joys of using Aeroplan points). It's actually not bad as I have a great internet connection and I am getting a lot of work done. I get into Fort lauderdale at 8:30 pm and Shelley gets in at 10:30 pm from Orlando where she was attending a conference on "Differentiated Instruction".

Shelley and I are leaving on a cruise (Princess) Saturday morning for the western Caribbean. We had booked this cruise before we decided to leave for Malaysia. We are becoming quite the travellers of late.

I am composing (sounds much higher level of thought processing) this on my new laptop which I have purchased for the next year of travel and work. It's a Dell Studio XPS 1340 with a 128GB SSD (Solid State Drive) and it's a screamer! Definitely the fastest computer I have ever used and affordable at $1,600 with a 3 year global warrantee. It's also got a great LED screen which is easier on the eyes. Dell produced it to compete with the 13 inch MacBook. I have used both and I prefer the Dell, however the Mac would be my second choice.

I really quite like the coffee machine here in the lounge, but it is almost 12 noon so it will be time to switch to red wine :-)

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment